Korean War 4 Panel Medic Helmet

fight

I've been watching this one on eBay and I would like others thought on it. I think the paint is good, it appears the overpaint including the medic crosses are pulling off the layer underneath. The thing that doesn't look quite right is the chinstraps, they look too new compared to the outside of the helmet. I've included additional photos from the seller that shows close ups of the stitching and hardware of the chinstraps.

eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324529603858?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11051.m43.l1123&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=d0de7b02c05e4c7187020b12a18c0d01&bu=43589149832&osub=-1~1&crd=20210329183046&segname=11051&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

1009584967_s-l1600(5).jpg.1edfd723d2a1843fab8afe3207f5aebb.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

The repetitive tool marks all over the helmet (scratches, scuffs, Etc) is a big no no for me so I would not be pursuing this item personally. Have to ask yourself ... what exactly was this helmet subjected to that that occurred to it ? Nothing natural and looks very contrived. 

Straps look good to me. Probably was a nice helmet beforehand. 

Z

I thought typically KW medic helmets had small roundels. I know there are images of large roundels being used post WWII but my understanding is those are typically exceptions rather than the norm.

Also one thing to keep in mind, the sweatband in the liner is the last style of headband, not something that would have been used until around 55/56 at the earliest I believe, so post KW.

The chin straps look pretty decent compared to the markings. That's one red flag. the MD panels themselves appear as if they were subjected to heat with the intention of making them appear older than they are. You are probably right about backing away from this one. 

"the curtains don't match the rug" as they say in some circles.  As mentioned, usually you would see smaller panels in Korea, and far too much unusual wear to the top and just some rust stain spots to chinstrap does not add up.