US Army Type 2 Collar Disk Hallmark

scf1959

Does anyone know what manufacturer would be responsible for the "small single star" on the reverse of some type 2 collar disks?  Thank you.  Scott

It may be Horstmann, but I can't prove that. I've been trying for years to figure this mystery out too. If you fined definitive proof I'd love to know!

Thanks for the reply.  If I find out anything definitive I will certainly let you know.  Sincerely, Scott 

On 3/28/2021 at 7:46 PM, scf1959 said:

Thanks for the reply.  If I find out anything definitive I will certainly let you know.  Sincerely, Scott 

I reached out to Bill Emerson on this question. To me, he is the undisputed guru when it comes to US Army insignia. Here is his complete response on what the star represents:

"I can’ t say.  The Horstmann firm had many different names as it grew, expanded, combined and shed parts of the organization.  The state of Pennsylvania now has the records of Horstmann and I’ve never studied the latter days of the company.  It was mainly into cloth things like uniforms by WW I, but I’ve no knowledge of its  metal insignia, if any, in the 1930s-until 1947."

Sorry it doesn't solve the mystery just yet.