Help with DUI and Patch: 9th Coast Art. Dist. & 19th CA (HD)

27Division18

DI is 19th CA (HD)

There is no know unauthorized patch or DI for the 1341st Engr Cbt Bn. They served in SWPTO.   

CAC 19A1.jpg

ocsfollowme

19th Coast Artillery Harbor Defense Regiment, Distinctive Unit Insignia As tredhed stated. Neat photo. This unit presided over San Diego. The Cabrillo monument sells reproductions of the DI

27Division18
51 minutes ago, tredhed2 said:

DI is 19th CA (HD)

There is no know unauthorized patch or DI for the 1341st Engr Cbt Bn. They served in SWPTO.   

CAC 19A1.jpg

Thanks very much!

27Division18
38 minutes ago, ocsfollowme said:

19th Coast Artillery Harbor Defense Regiment, Distinctive Unit Insignia As tredhed stated. Neat photo. This unit presided over San Diego. The Cabrillo monument sells reproductions of the DI

Thanks a lot!

27Division18
54 minutes ago, tredhed2 said:

DI is 19th CA (HD)

CAC 19A1.jpg

Is the shoulder patch also for the 19th coast artillery (stationed in San Diego) or for the 9th coast artillery district (Boston)?

T Ambrosini

While active, the 9th Coast Artillery District encompassed the western continental United States.  The map below breaks down the areas of responsibility by district (1-4, 9)

Tom

CA districts.jpg

DocCollector1441

I have been a collector and reenactor of the 19th CAC for about ten years. There is a whole group of us that restored one of the Battery Commander Stations for the 16 inch guns installed in 1943. I would love to see a full scan of the photo.

27Division18
2 hours ago, DocCollector1441 said:

I have been a collector and reenactor of the 19th CAC for about ten years. There is a whole group of us that restored one of the Battery Commander Stations for the 16 inch guns installed in 1943. I would love to see a full scan of the photo.

Here you go. I believe him to be Staff Sgt. James C. Hunt who served in the 19th CAC and the 1341st Engineer Bn. This photo came with Hunt's dogtag and discharge doc (tiny version)

001.jpg

27Division18
3 hours ago, T Ambrosini said:

While active, the 9th Coast Artillery District encompassed the western continental United States.  The map below breaks down the areas of responsibility by district (1-4, 9)

Tom

CA districts.jpg

Nice. Thanks very much

DocCollector1441

Thank you for the full scan. 

It would make sense that he served elsewhere. The 19th Coast Artillery was disbanded in 1944 and replaced by a single battalion to garrison Fort Rosecrans. Most of the regiment's soldiers were sent to other units overseas as replacements.