Can someone help ID these two swords?

Hi my Dad passed away back in Oct. and we've been selling off his collection and for most things he saved the original auction pages so in this circumstance we'd have the info. I'm not an expert on all CW items, but I'm generally knowledgeable on most of the main swords/firearms. These two swords he doesn't have any info on and I can't find them in his CW sword books. He only collected US Civil War items so he wouldn't have these for any other reason so I assume they were used. Any info would be great!

The first one is marked and from what I've found it's possibly a German or Prussian artillery sword. It's marked "F Horster, Solingen" There's a '46 on the guard, so I imagine that's the date it was made or issued.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This second word has no markings of any kind.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I forgot to add the first sword is 24 1/2" long, the blade is 18 15/16" long.

The second sword is 22 3/8" long, the blade is 17" long.

daniel griffin

Lower one is the Spanish Model 1843 Pioneers short sword, the quillons have been bent down, they should be straight .

Thanks! So were both of these used by either side? I assume so because there's no other reason he would have had them.

Wraith_3...Bucky Foell.If you are still interested in selling your Civil War Artillary that we had discussed you can send me pics to [email protected] or Texts (pics& prices) to

252-375-1177 Thanks!