Hello from Sacramento

BHillen

Hello to all! I have been visiting this site for a while now, and I can’t say how much I appreciate the information available here. I am primarily a WW2 wing collector, have collected almost forty years now. A couple years ago, I decided to get serious about my collection. I read through every posting in the wing section at least twice, took a deep breath, and dove in. I feel like I almost know some of you here now, and I cannot overstate the depth of knowledge all of you bring to this weird and wonderful, satisfying homage we pay to those who came before and laid their lives down for our freedom. At least that’s how I see things. I will post some pictures of my collection when I figure things out, and I have some questions to ask as time goes on. Thanks again all!

Welcome, welcome! Wings . . . that's what started me on the whole militaria road in a serious way! :) Dangerous path, that! -grin- Leads to collecting! Do you have favorite types or makers? 

Of course! I love the English, Aussie, and CBI items. This past year I picked up a Young and Co. Aircrew wing, made in Auckland NZ. That’s my rarest maker wing. Was very thrilled to get it. I am a sucker for Bombardier, Liaison, and Observer Wings. Lately I’ve fallen for the early war gold Flight Surgeon wings. I’ve gotten some very nice ones recently. I must thank Dave Hoover at Military Aviation Artifacts for for his excellent website. Oh, and bullion wings, I never saw much of them when I first started collecting. I don’t have many Navy wings, but I did get a just beautiful bullion Naval Observer from Dave. 
I must say, it took a lot for me to join up and post here. When I started out, there was so much bad info out there. Back in the early eighties I lived in SoCal, and twice a year we would go to the Great Western show in Pomona. 5200 tables of guns, military, hunting, beef jerky, dolls heads, and a few tables with some wings. Always came home with a gun, knife, and a wing or two. I wish the info here was available back then. 

thanks for the warm welcome!