Wish to Confirm WW1 Victory Medal for 43rd Regiment, C.A.C. ?

dpast32

Good Morning Folks,   As part of my current 're-organization project', I have been attempting to sort through all my Medal Groups, in an attempt at deciding which to keep, & which to sell off. One probable 'keeper' is identified to the WW1 era U.S. 43rd Coast Artillery Regiment. [ RE: 43rd Artillery, C.A.C. ] This Group included the recipient's Victory Medal, but one that 'appears' to have been awarded based upon 'his' particular dates of service with this Regiment. The basic 3x Clasp Medal should be, St. Mihiel, Meuse-Argonne, Defensive Sector. HOWEVER, the Pvt. in question only arrived in France on 16 September 1918, & wasn't assigned to Battery F, 43rd Artillery, C.A.C. until 22 October 1918. Soooo, in theory, the 2 Clasps which were on his Victory Medal as received are, Meuse-Argonne & Defensive Sector. The MA makes sense, but does the DS ? ANY comments, & or input here will, as always, be very much appreciated. I mean yes, I could simply accept it as it is, but that will bother me, as I always do my best to document my Groups beyond any doubt. THANK YOU Gents, 

Best,   Dom P.  /  dpast32

Dom,

Defensive Sector awards went to just about anyone who was in the combat zone at the time of the cease fire. You will actually find medals with just the DS clasp which were awarded instead of a France clasp that would have just meant the soldier, sailor, or marine was on the ground in France when the war ended.

Allan

THANKS Allan, I appreciate it ! I even delved a bit into where the 43rd's 3rd Battalion

[ Btty F ] was during those final weeks prior to the Armistice, & they were definitely on the Line & engaged in active operations, supporting the U.S. 1st Army IIRC. So, my guy probably went right into active operations as soon as he was assigned to the Battery. As he was one of my Rhode Island Guys, I always tend to put a little extra research into them. Thanks again,

Dom