Recent 13th Airborne grouping pick up

Navymm98

Recently picked up this awesome 13th grouping. Named to Lydall Beekman Jr. It came with 8 13th AB patches too. Some variations 20210324_122540.jpg.8ec7fd3f5368359daef0ed9c7888fcf5.jpg

Interesting, I also have an item named to Mr. Beekman. I have one of his shirts with a 13th A/B patch on the shoulder and a laundry tag held in place by a German safety pin with his name, laundry number, and a list of what he took to the laundry: 3 pants, 1 jacket, and 1 shirt. 

Very interesting! Did you pick it up from his estate? From what I was told there was a uniform there too.

No, I purchased it off ebay about a year and a half ago after realizing it belonged to an Airborne Medic and it was in a group with a bunch of other random shirts none of which had a connection to the Vet.  The seller, if I remember correct, told me that he got them as bulk surplus from an auction in Ohio. My guess would be that the uniform you are referring to might have been his dress uniform and that the shirt I ended up with may have been overlooked and sold later. I will add a picture of what I have if you are ok with it.  Where did you pick up your grouping if you don't mind me asking? 

It is funny the picture on the right I saw as part of his obituary and I always wondered what happened to the rest of his gear, particularly his hat since it had the great parachute patch on it. It looks like I have my answer.

I dont mind at all! I picked this up from a collector on the East coast. I think he got it directly from the estate.