Patch ID

Phil Swift

Trying to identify the unit on this patch. It was my grandfather's uniform. Appears to say 58th Fighter Group but that is not possible because they were in the PTO

20210324_103838.jpg

20210322_131617.jpg

29 minutes ago, mortaydc60 said:

Most likely the 52nd fighter group

He was with the 52nd but this patch has a TH after so it's definitely not 52nd 

28 minutes ago, ocsfollowme said:

Has to be ___4th, ___5th, __6th, __7th, __8th, or ___9th. 

Indeed it does

Could be an error in the embr. Just want to raise that w/ you. The legible digit looks like an "8" to me. 15th AAF OOB does not show a fighter group ending in "8".

I have a 66th ID patched uniform w/ a directly-embr scroll that days "262th"; I also have a scroll for the 3044th QMGR HQ Co and both "4"s are upside down. Have some other misspelled scrolls, too. Am sure there are members w/ other similar embr errors.    

20 minutes ago, tredhed2 said:

Could be an error in the embr. Just want to raise that w/ you. The legible digit looks like an "8" to me. 15th AAF OOB does not show a fighter group ending in "8".

I have a 66th ID patched uniform w/ a directly-embr scroll that days "262th"; I also have a scroll for the 3044th QMGR HQ Co and both "4"s are upside down. Have some other misspelled scrolls, too. Am sure there are members w/ other similar embr errors.    

It is possible, because they probably meant to put 52nd but somehow put 58th