"Goony Bird" EGA help

Keith

I just bought this EGA hoping it would match one I already have, but it is a little different.  I guess I would like blessed that it is the real deal and not a repro?

I also will post photo of the one I already have, that I was trying to match.  Any input on either of these would be appreciated.  (Neither has a hallmark). Thanks, keith

newegab.jpg

newegaf.jpg

oldegab.jpg

oldegaf.jpg

Hey Keith, no offense good Sir, but those pictures are fuzzy.

Doesn't look to be out of focus, but dithering that happened when you uploaded them.

Creates some weird artifacts - especially around the edges - making it hard to see detail.

This is the case for me anyway.

Thanks Blacksmith for the reply.  Yes, I was aware of the photo quality but tried them anyway.  I will do better photos and post them later. Thanks again. keith

(I don't see a way to edit the original posting for different photos; is there a way to edit?)

normaninvasion

They are both good. There are so many variations that matching can take a long long time. There is a sub in this forum, Match That Emblem, where members tried to find mates. If you have interest in collecting EGAs pick up a book and study the old threads here to train your eye on the details. Nice variations!

Thank you.  I tried to take new photos; I hope they are better.  After photoing these side by side it is easy to see the differences.  I have a couple of questions:

1.  Is either one better or more sought after than the other? 

2.  Do the nuts look original to their host?

I do not collect EGA's, I just had the one and thought it would be nice to have a matching pair. 

Regards,

keith

ega1a.jpg

ega1b.jpg

normaninvasion

Imo, the "new buy" is more common. I never really paid attention to nuts, but I believe your new buy has the correct style toller ehile the other does not.