WWI Postcard but Can't Find Soldier

LT CPD

I found this at an antique mall where one of the stalls was a vendor who only sold post cards.  I figured with all of the information on the post card, I'd do a quick Ancestry search and find out everything I needed.  Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out that way.  It's pretty clear that he wrote "Co A 136 Machine BN".  However, searching continually brings up the 136th Machine Gun Battalion, which was part of the Ohio National Guard before being assigned to the 74th Infantry Division.  It appears the soldier's name is "H Piper" and his mother is "Mrs. D D Piper" of Jackson, MO.  I've tried, D D and G G and can't find anything.  I've tried H and J Piper for the soldier and again come up empty.  Someone from the 136th wrote a company history after the war, which is online, and I've searched through it, but "Piper" is not in the text.  If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. 

And on a different note, what's the general feeling about added writing?  The vendor, lightly in pencil has written "Milt - As Is" and "Singer Sewing Mach" as I'm guessing, part of his/her sorting system for their booth.  Try to erase it, or leave it?   

IMG-3990.jpg

IMG-3991.jpg

IMG-3992.jpg

IMG-3993.jpg

Spent some time on Ancestry today and believe I found him.  Herbert M. Piper.  Registration card has the Jackson, MO connection.  The way he signed "Piper" is also similar to the way he wrote "Piper" for his mom.    The entry from the list of Ohioans in WWI says he was in Co. K of the 10th Ohio NG.  The history of the 136th Machine Gun Battalion says that unit became Co. A of the 136th Machine Gun Battalion.  Lived into the 1980s.

Herbert Piper Registration Card.png

Herbert M Piper.png