Mini USMC medal rack, what time frame?

P-59A

This has got my head scratching. What was the time frame this would have worked? That Airforce medal and Expeditionary medal have me wondering.

20210320_134815.jpg

So now that Fleet Marine Corps Service medal is a fly in the eye. If not for that it could be early Vietnam that  had something to do with  the  Airforce.

16 minutes ago, Wharfmaster said:

The Expeditionary may have been awarded for Cuba, Gitmo 1962-63.  

W

That was a thought, I was talking with another member and that "Fleet reserve" medal could have been a mistake when it was made.

43 minutes ago, Reforger said:

These medals don't look very old. Maybe someone just put these together randomly.

They are in the correct order, so not random.

What I meant is someone may have had some random medals and made a bar out of them for fun or to sell them. So maybe they were never awarded to one person. You never know.

2 hours ago, Reforger said:

What I meant is someone may have had some random medals and made a bar out of them for fun or to sell them. So maybe they were never awarded to one person. You never know.

That could be too. I don 't know.

This is one PM....

"That definitely throws me off, too. The way the bar is assembled suggests it is legit. I mean, if you're going to fake a group, why bother going to the length of carefully assembling it, and using the tape to hold it together, rather than just using a slide-on bar. Also, why use low-ranking awards? You wouldn't get much money for it, maybe the sum of the parts, but that would be about it"................I paid 10 bucks for it because I didn't understand it, so it's not like I over paid for anything.

Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal Medal and Ribbon Design Images

The Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal comes with a unique service ribbon, which is worn on the recipient's uniform in situations where the full medal is not worn. If you have earned this decoration, you can wear the service ribbon on your ribbon rack.

Design of the Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal

The Marine Corps medal is a bronze circle with the words Marine Corps Reserve at the top part. In the center are two men walking towards the right of the medallion.

What is the Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal Decoration?

Initially made in 1925 as the Fleet Marine Reserve Medal, this is the most established of the Reserve Good Conduct Medals. In 1939 the name of the award was changed to the Organized Marine Corps Reserve Medal. In 1984, the Marine Corps embraced its present name. As of January 1, 1996, the qualifying time of enlistment was changed from four to three years to reflect the prerequisites of the Good Conduct Medal. Extra honors are signified by bronze stars.

The United States military sorts decorations into categories called Classes and Types. The Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal medal is classified as a Service Award of the type Reserve Medal.

How Do You Earn the Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal?

The medal is awarded to Marine Reserve members who have completed 2 of 3 years required of AGR service when being ordered to active duty.

Displaying the Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal

The Order of Precedence of the Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal is 71, and this precedence is used when placing the associated service ribbon on your uniform ribbon rack. You can see a full list of decorations in the order of precedence on the Decorations homepage.

The ribbon is worn between the Good conduct medal (All Branches) and the Army of the Occupation Medla (Army), Navy Expeditionary Medal (Navy), Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal (Marines), Outstanding Airman of the Year Ribbon (Air Force).

Perhaps a Marine Corps Reserve Officer in the 1960's that received an AFCOM for some sort of Joint Operation  - Cuban Missle Crisis or Bay of Pigs - He would have had at least 10 years to qualify for the Armed Forces Reserve Medal

Bill

I agree with Wharfmaster on this - it looks like a legit grouping to me for the early to mid 1960's for a Reserve Officer

Bill

I think I found it "On October 21, 1962, the 363d Tactical Reconnaissance Wing deployed RF-101 and RB-66 aircraft to MacDill AFB, Florida, from Shaw AFB, South Carolina. On October 26, the 363d flew its first low-level reconnaissance missions. The wing gathered significant intelligence on the sites over the next three weeks and uncovered the location of IL-28 Soviet bombers and air-to-air and surface-to-air missile sites. During this time, SAC continued U-2 missions to gather more information, maintained nearly sixty nuclear-armed heavy bombers on airborne alert, and placed all of its available intercontinental ballistic missiles on alert to launch at any moment. The command also moved its medium and heavy bombers from the southeast United States to make room for Tactical Air Command (TAC) fighter aircraft, such as F-100s and F-105s. In addition, the Continental Air Defense Command increased the number of air defense sorties flown along the Gulf Coast. Finally, over a two-day period the USAF airlifted approximately 2,000 marines and 1,400 tons of equipment to Naval Air Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba."