Is This a WWII-Era EIB?

ItemCo16527

ItemCo16527

I got this EIB as part of a lot of insignia that included a set of Wolf-Brown plastic-coated ribbons, two sets of US/Infantry collar discs, and a pin back marksman badge. I'm assuming the EIB is also from WWII, but wanted to check with you guys to confirm.

20210320_101335.jpg

20210320_101449.jpg

Yup, They came out during WW2. The one I have is silver and made WW2 era, but who knows when this was issued. From what I have read during WW2 one would have had to been state side for a while to have the time to earn it before being shipped out as a replacement.

20201129_142059.jpg

20201129_142116.jpg

ItemCo16527

Thank you! I've never owned an original WWII-era EIB before, so I wasn't sure what to look for, other than it has some patina to it and looks kind of "old" lol. Unfortunately, mine isn't hallmarked so I have no idea who manufactured it.

It looks to me like a post war EIB, possibly Asian made from 1950s/60s. From what I can see the pins look like small tacks which would be typical for Asian/Japanese made badges. If you compare both EIBs you will see the difference.

ItemCo16527
34 minutes ago, Reforger said:

It looks to me like a post war EIB, possibly Asian made from 1950s/60s. From what I can see the pins look like small tacks which would be typical for Asian/Japanese made badges. If you compare both EIBs you will see the difference.

Thanks! I don't know much about badges and their variations, so I have a lot to learn.