Must Be Air Force

aerialbridge

aerialbridge

Whenever an aircraft erroneously landed on the wrong carrier, the Navy would tag the plane with a bit of graffiti.  Next stop,  Earl Scheib's.

air force.jpg

collectsmedals

We had that happen on the U.S.S. Nimitz back in 1981 or 1982 not sure which. An F-4 Phantom from the U.S.S. Coral Sea got some sort of warning light and we were the closest place to land. Turned out to be a faulty sensor, but while the Pilot and RIO were having lunch with the Captain in his stateroom the deck crews sprayed graffiti all over the airplane. Wish I had a picture of it.

aerialbridge

That's a coincidence, since I'm thinking the plane pictured landed on the Coral Sea based on the tagging.  Too bad no cellphone cameras when you saw that.   I'll bet during lunch they were anticipating the feast for their eyes when they got back to their ride.   Check the fluids and some complimentary "detailing".    I'm guessing it was washable paint,  like people put on  cars and trucks for weddings, graduations, sports teams, etc.  Lucky they didn't land in LA, it wouldn't have come off so easy.  🤪