Hallo from Berlin germany

WD40

Hi all,

just want to introduce myself quickly. I'm a 44 year old new-starter-collector from Berlin, capitol of germany.

My collection somehow started in around 1989 with a gift from my uncle. My uncle served in the US-Army and he

gave me his Mil-K-818 pocket knife as a gift. I always was fascinated from the whole US-Army world. So this 

knife was with me all time, I used it as a carpenter and had it always around. Later I started to search the internet 

about the knife and it is one of the Queen cutlery, contract from 1986, with the tang marking upside down. So I

realised it is a bit special. Around 2 years ago I finally started to collect these Mil-K-818 knives. The plan is to get one from each decade,

ending with year 6 > 19X6 (the Queen Cutlery is 86, my year of birth 76). Guess there is no 1946/ 1956 and of course no 2006.

Well, as I dived deeper into this vast field of military Pocket knives I couldn't resist to get some WWII pocket knives.

They are fascinating in many ways, the historical aspect, like what the knives has been through, the manufacturing and material aspect

and the overall design and design-history. Meanwhile I think I have a good base level of a collection and alway have my eyes open for new finds.

It's really astonishing how many US-military knives are around in germany, of course, the US military has quite a lot military bases here since 

the end of WWII. I found some interesting knives in yard sales or private online sales.

Well, finally I want to thank you already for so many informations I found here, the knowledge is really amazing!

And of course, thank you for letting me be a member of this fine forum.

Best and stay safe, Klaus

IMG_9538.JPG

Rakkasan187

Klaus,

Welcome to the forum. I was stationed in your beautiful city of Berlin with the US Army at McNair Barracks from 1986-1990. One of the best places I was ever stationed.

Enjoy your time here on the forum. You have a very nice collection of pocket knives..

Best regards, stay safe

Leigh 

Backtheattack

Hello Klaus, a warm welcome to the forum! Your collection looks fine. Wish you a nice time here at the forum.

Big welcome! Your collection is amazing and I loved the background! Super cool! Also . . . I want to say that your English is really great! 

I'm sure you'll find others on here who are interested in those type knives! Knives are kind of like potato chips . . . you can't have just one!

Welcome aboard Klaus! It's always nice to have more members from your beautiful country. Great collection, thanks for sharing  :)

Dear All, 

thank you for the warm welcome! 
@rakkasan187 Berlin in the late 80ties must have been a crazy place to be. Than you also witnessed the reunion of west and east Germany. 
Looking forward to get to know many nice and interesting people.