Malice clips. A question..

military gear geek

military gear geek

Hey Guys,

Today when I was in a local surplus store, I bought a single molle pouch made to hold either a pistol magazine or a surefire flashlight. It came with a malice clip. Now I don't have any clue on how to thread this thing on to my vest. I mean I know how to thread molle pouches onto my vest but, this pouch really has me confused.... think.gif I thought I had it on ok but, it just flops around too much.. It doesn't look like no straps were cut off so, I'm thinking that this malice clip was supposed to go wiith it..

Can anyone give me any ideas on how this is supposed to work?

Thanks for your time..

Hey Guys,

Today when I was in a local surplus store, I bought a single molle pouch made to hold either a pistol magazine or a surefire flashlight. It came with a malice clip. Now I don't have any clue on how to thread this thing on to my vest. I mean I know how to thread molle pouches onto my vest but, this pouch really has me confused.... think.gif I thought I had it on ok but, it just flops around too much.. It doesn't look like no straps were cut off so, I'm thinking that this malice clip was supposed to go wiith it..

Thanks for your time..

First off, do you mean ALICE? And can we please have some pictures? Chances are it's a 9mm (single) mag pouch.

Andrew

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your time..

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/maliceclipand174.aspx

Basically, you weave it through the webbing on the pouch and the surfcace you're mounting it to just like you would a

fixed molle strap...like this:

http://www.emdomusa.com/MALICE-Instruction.html

I am a custom tactical gear maker and I use them all the time-they're very versatile.

HTH

military gear geek

RTS, That is exactly what it is.. I'll give your suggestion a try and see how it works. Thanks..

Andrew, I'll get a pic taken for you later on today and post it up..

Pic 4

Military Gear Geek-that looks to be a High Speed Gear Inc. (HSGI) single pistol magazine pouch for a double-stack 9mm

magazine. Good stuff...

military gear geek

Oh. Ok. There is no tag anywhere on it but I'll check them out..

Thanks for the help.

Also, I followed the instructions on that page and I got it to attqach to my vest the way it should. I found a third row of webbing on the back of the pouch and that was a big help. lol.. But, those malice clips are a pain in the butt!!!!!! I had a heck of a time with it..

Well, Thanks again for all the replies..

Oh. Ok. There is no tag anywhere on it but I'll check them out..

Thanks for the help.

Also, I followed the instructions on that page and I got it to attqach to my vest the way it should. I found a third row of webbing on the back of the pouch and that was a big help. lol.. But, those malice clips are a pain in the butt!!!!!! I had a heck of a time with it..

Well, Thanks again for all the replies..

Military gear geek-

The thing I like about Malice clips is that they're pretty secure once you get them in place. Once you fiddle around with your

setup and get things how you want the Malice clips lock things down nice and tight. I've found a set of forceps are a big help

with MOLLE gear-some of the makers seem to deviate from specifications on dimensions and it makes for a hard time getting

stuff nailed down. I'm pretty sure that the pouch you have is HSGI from the stitching on the female portion of the S/R buckle

and the softer hand on the webbing that is used-it looks like Gene's stuff. Another clue might be the use of National Molding/

Duraflex buckles instead of the ITW-Nexus GhillieTex hardware. HSGI does really solid stuff-I've never been disappointed with

anything of theirs that I have seen.

military gear geek

RTS,

You were right about the National Molding/Duraflex buckle. It has that stamped on the male side. The female side it stapled down so, I can't lift it up.

Also I found another row of webbing in the middle of that pouch on the back. It sure made things easier to thread onto my vest. I got on their website and they had a pouch listed similar to mine to carry a baton in it.. Maybe that might of been another use for mine too but, who knows..

Well, I just wanted to let you know what I found..

Thanks..

RTS,

You were right about the National Molding/Duraflex buckle. It has that stamped on the male side. The female side it stapled down so, I can't lift it up.

Also I found another row of webbing in the middle of that pouch on the back. It sure made things easier to thread onto my vest. I got on their website and they had a pouch listed similar to mine to carry a baton in it.. Maybe that might of been another use for mine too but, who knows..

Well, I just wanted to let you know what I found..

Thanks..

MGG,

The only pouches I have ever seen with the staples like that are Gene's at HSGI, so I think we can safely say that's what you got. Yours

looks to be about big enough for a Gerber tool or a double-stack 9mm pistol magazine. Nifty pouch!