135th Airborne, where do I even get started?

Kitteh

Yes, I know, it's cliché to collect airborne equipment, but it's what bought when I started collecting, and now I'm dedicated to it until I finish. Now to the main topic, I finally figured out which unit I want to put on my repro uniform, the bad news is that I accidentally dove head first into the deep end, and I'm too stubborn to choose anything else. Choosing the 135th airborne seemed fitting considering that fact that it's whole purpose was to be not real, and last I checked I'm not a paratrooper, or in the 40's. The issue comes with the scarcity (at least in my inexperience) of information on it, let alone the unit's relative obscurity has made it hard to find decent insignia for it. Any reputable sellers for good repro insignia that have 135th patches? Furthermore, I'm hoping if there's some sort of helmet indication systems that were made up for them (similar to how the 101st and 82nd had them). Hell, any good places to find information for them in general would be nice. At this point I'm considering just making my own patches. Granted, it would end up looking like a kindergarten art project, but less endearing.

Rakkasan187

Try the deception formations of WW2 or "Ghost Units" or Phantom Units..

There is quite a bit of information on these topics out there.. Some photos of an M1 with the 135th decal on the side of the helmet but I did not search for their tactical markings as I presume they did not get that in depth..

Best regards

Leigh 

BILL THE PATCH

There is also a photo of a soldier wearing it , it in Heroes in our midst. 4a8175e5ef5ee9bfbbed3d693070101c.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I tried to read the article but with the size of the picture, it is difficult to read the article.  Could you increase the size of the article or type it out.