What were 15th USAAF policy's for awarding the Air Medal to WW2 bomber crews?

P-59A

I have kit that belonged to Sgt. Partin. Matt was good enough to do some digging and came up with this. Different commands had different policy's on awarding the Air Medal. Does anyone  know what the policy was for 15th USAAF?

f14.jpg.52d7947bf5626c09baf4e10b1a6b00c2.jpg

ItemCo16527

If i remember right, near the end of the war, their policy was an Air Medal after the first 5 missions, then one for every 10 missions thereafter. I'll try to find a link to the award criteria for the DFC and Air Medal I found online last summer and post it here.

Edit: There's no direct link, but I attached the PDF here.

WWIIDFCandAirMedalCriteriaChronological.pdf

12 minutes ago, ItemCo16527 said:

If i remember right, near the end of the war, their policy was an Air Medal after the first 5 missions, then one for every 10 missions thereafter. I'll try to find a link to the award criteria for the DFC and Air Medal I found online last summer and post it here.

Edit: There's no direct link, but I attached the PDF here.

WWIIDFCandAirMedalCriteriaChronological.pdf 431.6 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks!!!!

Skysoldier80

Funny, the same unit differences apply today.  Some u it’s follow guidelines, while others use as a End of Tour Award.

Woodymyster

My neighbor's dad was in 15AF, 55BW, 460th Bomb Group.  He was given three air medals for 34 missions. 

Woodymyster

The awards were listed as

1.  For meritorious achievement from 11/6/44 to 12/18/44     6 missions in time frame

2.  For meritorious achievement from 12/20/44 to 1/7/45       4 missions in time frame

3.  For meritorious achievement from 2/8/45 to 3/23/45         10 missions in time frame

His last mission was april 19, 1945 

Hope this helps a little.

45 minutes ago, Woodymyster said:

The awards were listed as

1.  For meritorious achievement from 11/6/44 to 12/18/44     6 missions in time frame

2.  For meritorious achievement from 12/20/44 to 1/7/45       4 missions in time frame

3.  For meritorious achievement from 2/8/45 to 3/23/45         10 missions in time frame

His last mission was april 19, 1945 

Hope this helps a little.

Thanks Woody, If you open up that PDF link then open it at the bottom of your page a nightmare of things well befall your eyes.