What was the deal with this WW2 Raiders patch?

ocsfollowme

BILL THE PATCH

Wow, the only thing I see different is the skull, it's a little different then other skulls. But. 2,800 to much. I assuming Aussie made?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

From my somewhat limited knowledge of these, I would say it is Aussie made. When you see them and the base back of the the patch is the felted wool and only the design is embroidered (and it has some to do with the actual embroidery style) - you can pretty much tell it is Aussie made. I've made a bunch of repros of these Aussie-style Raider patches, and every model I've used has had the skull embroidered that way.

I seen these referred to as New Zealand ? made in the past but never confirmed it. Saw one other in a group that was part of a group that was split.

I think this was worn on a uniform at one time I acquired in a group and the only version I had seen of this patch at the time.

image.png.b9a104da97a6c90cd420d428f913217f.png

An original sold on an unnamed uniform last year for $500 (which was cheap IMO).

Rare but not impossible. I would think the value would be in the $1000/$1200 range. 

I guess this person just had to have it. The beauty of auctions I guess. 

Eric, if I declare it do be a fake, will you send it to me as a "study piece?" FANTASTIC Battle Blaze that I never get tired of looking at. Thank you for sharing it!

Allan

• 3 months later...