albatrosdva

I've wanted to post this ever since I saw the listing but figured it would be a good idea to post it after the auction was over. These are auction photos. I'll add new pictures when it arrives. Sometimes I find myself buying things because I feel sorry for it. This uniform saw a second life as a theater costume. They added fringe to the seams and called it an "Indian" costume. I believe it to be a model 1899 but I suppose it is possible that is is one of the USMC uniforms of the early 1900s. I won't really know for sure until I get it. I assume it was a four-pocket given the added blue from the theater. Any idea where I can source pockets? Anyone got a bad tunic with good pockets? I'd also be perfectly happy with good detail photos of seams and the upper pocket pleats so I can make them if I can source a good matching cloth. The blue on the "pockets" is obviously added but I'm not so sure about the collar stripe. Can anyone tell me if that is original and if so what it means (Do I assume branch of service?)

theater uniform.jpg

theater uniform 2.jpg

theater uniform 3.jpg

theater uniform 4.jpg