Help ID M-1 carbine canvas case

Fixbayonets!

Fixbayonets!

I picked up this canvas case for the M-1 carbine a few days ago.  When I found it I thought it was the canvas cover for the Jeep windshield rifle rack.  After a little research both cases look similar but it appears they are different.  The rifle rack for the Jeep I believe is universal & will fit a number of different firearms, this case is marked specific for the carbine.  The jeep rack cover looks to feature a full zip closure where my case is about 3/4 zip.  There are also some other small construction differences that I noted.  As stated before, the case is marked "CASE CARBINE" and is also faintly marked above with what looks like "COVER CAL. 30 CARBINE".  There might also be another line of nomenclature that I can't make out.  So now I am trying to figure out exactly what I have, I think it's still vehicle related.  I would like to ID the case so I can decide if it fits in my collection or if it's something to move down the line.  Thanks for checking it out!

Rob    

carbcov1.jpg

Fixbayonets!

Thanks for the reply.  No, there is no carrying strap.  I do not believe it was designed to be a carrying case like the more familiar model you posted.

Rob