WWII Japanese Zero Aircraft Part Data Plate - Munda

AirMechanic

AirMechanic

I found this data plate at the estate sale of a WWII veteran. I believe it may be off of an aircraft instrument or part, but I’m not sure. On the back, someone scratched “Japanese Zero, Munda”, which is probably Munda Airfield on New Georgia in the Solomon Islands. Can anyone translate what the data plate says? 

B5170A21-4431-4332-AD72-72D026EC260F.jpeg

DDFABBDA-08C4-4EC2-8D9D-F72D1CC7D0BD.jpeg

USCapturephotos
1 hour ago, AirMechanic said:

I found this data plate at the estate sale of a WWII veteran. I believe it may be off of an aircraft instrument or part, but I’m not sure. On the back, someone scratched “Japanese Zero, Munda”, which is probably Munda Airfield on New Georgia in the Solomon Islands. Can anyone translate what the data plate says? 

B5170A21-4431-4332-AD72-72D026EC260F.jpeg

DDFABBDA-08C4-4EC2-8D9D-F72D1CC7D0BD.jpeg

Nice find! If no one else helps I’ll try to send pics to my friend in Japan later this weekend.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Made by Kokusan Denki (Electric) in June of 1942  ** Established in 1931 Kokusan Denki is still in business today. 

空廠式 (koushoushiki) = Air Factory type 14CF2L (I don't what 14CF2L is)

海軍工廠(かいぐんこうしょう)とは、艦船、航空機、各種兵器、弾薬などを開発・製造する大日本帝国海軍直営の軍需工場(工廠)。ほかに海軍が直営する軍需工場としては、航空機の修理整備(末期には製造)を担当する航空本部所管の「空廠」、火薬製造・充填を担当する艦政本部所管の「火薬廠」、石炭採掘や石油精製を担当する艦政本部所管の「燃料廠」、軍服・保存食製造を担当する軍需局所管の「衣糧廠」、医薬品・医療機器の製造を担当する医務局所管の「療品廠」がある。

Other military factories directly managed by the Navy include the "Air Factory" under the jurisdiction of the Aviation Headquarters, which is in charge of aircraft repair and maintenance (manufacturing at the end of the period)