IDed WWI - WWII Misc Had Abt 11 Years Cav & Med Dept

suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader

About 11 years ago I went to a sale of a Lady who had to sell her Horse Training Facility.  Her Dad was Harold B Lapp Ser # on his Med Dept Corp. Tag is 1142539.  She told me his early Service was in US Cav 1st 2nd and 14th.  some before WWI. (Collection has a 1st Cav Ft Meade SD Exchange 25 cent token).  He was also Medical Dept (3 Tags have Med Dept or Hosp Corps on them).  In WWII he was a Warr Officer and was Harbor Master at Savannah GA (that is when he found the Augusta Arsenal Confederate Pike in a River Warehouse (it IS NOT in this group just included a photo).  She was selling most everything as no one to pass it on to. (she had sold his Cav saber at Flea Mkt previous week).  I tried to research some, but ser# or name did not come up. Savannah City nor Harbor Authority would try to look in old records and I did not want to spend money for info on non USMC History.  

It is possible his middle name was Bruce, DOB 1891 in Baltimore MD, DOD 1999 in Chathem GA.

When no info was easily found I just put the items in one of the wife's Indian Cabinets because of the Cav. association but I just turned 83 and have 100s and 100s of small items that seemed interesting for me to keep over the past 60 + years but the kids will sell them for little or nothing.  They know about most of the big ticket items but not much of the smalls.  Do you think there is enough historical value I should try to preserve as a group and try to get them into a collection?  Richard

Harold Lapp US Cav  Med Dept also CSA Augusta pike.JPG

H Lapp WWI misc & WWII Warr. Savannah Harbor Mst Off braid also Augusta Pike.JPG

Harold Lapp US Cav  Med Dept also CSA pike (2).JPG

Harold Lapp US Cav  Med Dept also CSA pike (3).JPG

Harold Lapp US Cav  Med Dept also CSA pike (4).JPG

Harold Lapp US Cav  Med Dept also CSA pike (5).JPG

Harold Lapp US Cav  Med Dept also CSA pike (6).JPG

Harold Lapp US Cav  Med Dept also CSA pike.JPG

My CSA Augusta Arsenal Pike H Lapp Savannah Harbor Master WWII found in Warehouse Daughter sold.JPG

P1010001.JPG

My CSA Augusta Arsenal Pike pic 4 worth $3M.JPG

suwanneetrader

I got asked to list this so I will for alittle while Have to guess at price.    See Forum For Sale WWI Insignia     Richard