Vietnam war M67 grenade blue mark ??

Guest Emily

Guest Emily

I purchased an M67 grenade from the Vietnam war era and there is a blue ink mark on the fuze, it looks like a blue line has been drawn on the fuze. I have looked online and have been multiple grenades with similar markings and have been trying to find out what it is or why it is marked this way. I have put a link to a webpage that shows an M67 with similar markings on the fuse. Can anyone help me ?? 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.militarytrader.com/.amp/militaria-collectibles/american-fragmentation-grenades-of-the-vietnam-war

dhcoleterracina

Can you post a picture of the grenade you bought? Are you sure it's not live? 

Speaking generally, ordinance painted blue often means that it's "practice" or not live. There are exceptions. 

It's an inspection mark applied in the loading process but can't remember exactly what it signifies. 

A blue dye mark signifies that the fuze was quality control checked by X-ray after loading. This check confirms the presence of the time delay component. 

On 3/11/2021 at 9:10 PM, Inertord said:

A blue dye mark signifies that the fuze was quality control checked by X-ray after loading. This check confirms the presence of the time delay component. 

Iner Tord.... 

Great info. I never knew this!