what company made this REPRO M1 headband?

BOLO

Variations on the name Kirkman are used by At The Front.

Go to this page: http://www.atthefront.com/us_gear_about.htm and scroll down to the Fraud Prevention paragraph.

Steve

Fraud prevention: Most items are marked with some version of "Kirkman MFG." or "Crawford Tent and Awning".

2. Kirkman and Crawford are family names (of the owner). Kirkman didn't exist until 1998, and Crawford is fictitious.

OK Thanks !

ATF does make nice quality repro gear thumbsup.gif

Note that not all ATF items are marked as such. Some especially the assualt jackets, are marked with the real period company names. I tried to talk to him about this and was bitched at.

I can not believe that someone Karma would be runined if they had one marked Kirkman instead of one of the orignal company names, but then I also cannot understand why people go insane when you sugest they put a small copy mark on the inside of a pocket where not one would ever see unless they looked for it.

Wow, these reenactors must really hardcore to demand orignal stamps and no hidden marks it is a reproduction. I guess they must march for 20 miles, dig foxholes, stay out in bad weather, eat bad food, know all the training stuff the soldier type they are protraying would know, stay in first person 100% of the time, and of course, have a period height to weight ratio.

BTW- I believe that someone could sue and win a reproduction company for making an item marked with original markings and not mafrked as a copy. Technically, it is fraud as you are making something portraying that it is "an assault jacket made by J.A.Shoe." To say nothing of trademark infringement on many names such as people making Hershey's chocolate.

But what do I know. I'm just a cranky old guy who tried to warn people to take a stand years ago and no one would cared.