Handle repair red spacer Robeson USN

Steve S.

Had this one in recently for a repair job. Had to repair the broken tang, make a new pommel etc. SOP on many of these earlier models. 215D162E-D399-4BFD-A06C-9020D4177B5B.jpeg.43813e6114e416f99697d38243cbad3e.jpeg2599EB40-355C-4054-AABD-CE1A3B73A294.jpeg.f67513915092a1fd397469d565bf0245.jpeg82CA3D84-7010-491D-9F0F-0A69D374BDCF.jpeg.cea8b903f4105cf1b269ca4310093100.jpeg60318F51-DD06-4996-B243-01F0199A0D30.jpeg.90f0a2651238218ea01ecaa16b18fae1.jpeg

That looks great, Steve.  A few years back to gave this forum a tutorial on how to do this type of  leather handle.  It was nice to learn how to do it. (I could't find the link, or I would have posted it.)

Thanks so much.

Marv

Blade dated CRZ2.jpg

CRZ4.jpg

2 hours ago, Misfit 45 said:

That looks great, Steve.  A few years back to gave this forum a tutorial on how to do this type of  leather handle.  It was nice to learn how to do it. (I could't find the link, or I would have posted it.)

Thanks so much.

Marv

Blade dated CRZ2.jpg

CRZ4.jpg

I remember you posting about that knife! Turned out well! 

I like seeing some of these heavily used blades come to life. I’m kind of a don’t touch it guy, but these examples just needed a helping hand and there was wonderful work done.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, sparidon said:

Steve,

You did this work yourself?  Reason I ask is that I have a PAL USMC that needs a new pommel.

Seth

yes, I make all the parts and do the work in house. 👍

8 hours ago, Steve S. said:

yes, I make all the parts and do the work in house. 👍

Would you be willing to tackle the PAL I have that needs a pommel?

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 9.13.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 9.13.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 9.13.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 9.13.56 AM.png

Steve's work is top notch, we're on knife number 7-8 now.

He has done beautiful repair work on some damaged knives (bent guards, etc.,) of mine, too.

He is an artisan!

Jesse.

4 hours ago, sparidon said:

Would you be willing to tackle the PAL I have that needs a pommel?

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 9.13.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 9.13.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 9.13.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 9.13.56 AM.png

Not a problem as long as you arent in a big rush. Doing a lot of traveling out of town for the mrs doctoring and as a result, Im running in slow motion most of

the time 

44 minutes ago, Steve S. said:

Not a problem as long as you arent in a big rush. Doing a lot of traveling out of town for the mrs doctoring and as a result, Im running in slow motion most of

the time 

My pants aren't on fire for the repair.  What is your time estimate?

21 hours ago, sparidon said:

My pants aren't on fire for the repair.  What is your time estimate?

Right now, could be anywhere from a week to a month. ( I have one of Jesse’s here that’s been on the bench for a few weeks) My Mrs has been sick for a couple yrs and right now we’re traveling multiple days a week out of town for testing etc. I travel during the day and work half the night and all weekend. Add in this is the busy season on my flight jacket work and it’s really hectic around here. 

42 minutes ago, Steve S. said:

Right now, could be anywhere from a week to a month. ( I have one of Jesse’s here that’s been on the bench for a few weeks) My Mrs has been sick for a couple yrs and right now we’re traveling multiple days a week out of town for testing etc. I travel during the day and work half the night and all weekend. Add in this is the busy season on my flight jacket work and it’s really hectic around here. 

Understood.  If you are still willing, then I am too.  You can PM me your address if you so desire.

18 hours ago, Steve S. said:

No rush, Steve,

Health is more important than hobby.

Hope your wife's situation is improving and there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Dcollector (Jesse)

On 11/2/2022 at 10:37 AM, dcollector said:

Steve's work is top notch, we're on knife number 7-8 now.

He has done beautiful repair work on some damaged knives (bent guards, etc.,) of mine, too.

He is an artisan!

Jesse.

Agree cant beat Steves work and hes the only one I know or trust to do a rebuild 

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Pah5153 said:

Hey Steve have a m3 that needs handle if you have time.

will shoot you a message with my contact info 😉