Fairbairn-Sykes replicas I made

TheSnake

Here's another couple.  Black one:  pattern 3; 1095 steel, aluminum handle.  Silver one: pattern 1; same materials.

20210210_174340.jpg

20191004_123921.jpg

20191008_192406.jpg

Ditto, @sundance! Would love to know if you make the sheaths, and I would love to know some approx. time for some of thes knives you've shown! They are so cool! I really like this one!

@TheSnake       

It's obvious you have knife making skills.  What's your goal in making these replicas?  Are they for your own use or benefit?  Are you planning to sell any replicas you make?  What made you decide to make WWII replica knives?  What other kind/s of knives do you make besides the replica WWII knives you've shown?  

Yes, I make my own sheaths, mostly hand sewn leather, although I have made some from Kydex.  I usually say it takes me a couple of weeks to make a knife and sheath.  Alot is work time, and some is kinda static time, like waiting for glue and dye to dry, and time in the heat treating oven. I make all sorts of knives, hunting, camping,, oyster, etc. and do sell them.  I just became drawn to military blades for their "form follows function" aesthetic, I guess.

Just love that black handled one! Thanks for sharing! I keep coming back! Totally amazing!

On top of the great knives, I really like the well made sheath, with the protective metal plate. Great work!  SKIP