9th Division, North Africa, Sicily, Europe Group - Diaries, photos, patches, etc.

ramram

60th Field Artillery soldier, 9th Division, that hauled ammo between the artillery units and the ammo dumps.  I collect diaries and this is unfortunately about as close as you can get with a soldier that kept a diary, for obvious reasons.  The guy really wrote with lots of detail (about 250 pages worth).  He would write every couple of weeks or so when he had opportunities.  His diaries cover North Africa, Sicily (not too much detail there) and Europe.  He doesn't say much about their Normandy landing on D+4 but he covers several pages talking about the Bulge.  He has about 200 photos as well and also his dog tags, patches, etc.  Thought I would share some of it.  Any input is always appreciated and, if it's really in somebody's wheelhouse, I might be open to trade or selling it.

Thanks for looking!

Rob M

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

(1).jpg

(18).jpg

(26).jpg

Thanks for posting this! I ended up getting this lot from this soldiers estate. I tried getting his diaries too but they went way above what I was willing to pay and could afford.  

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

Wow, I’m just a diary collector so I never saw this in my searches. I didn’t realize there was more pieces. 

Rob M

Collector .45

Really nice grouping! I’m a big fan of 9th division material. Are there many names on the back of the photos? 

- Henry

2 hours ago, Collector .45 said:

Really nice grouping! I’m a big fan of 9th division material. Are there many names on the back of the photos? 

- Henry

There are place names on the front of several photos but there are just a few of the soldier's actual names (mostly first names or nicknames).

Rob M

Kurt Barickman
12 hours ago, Dave T said:

John, you made out well yourself! Thats a nice  BeVo TK (Totenkopf) in that patch of goodies!!!

Yup, and the Luft Qualification is nice too.

• 1 month later...
manayunkman

My first vet find in the USA was from Colonel Robert Robb intelligence officer for the 9th infantry.

Great stuff!