Purple Hearts on eBay

Siennastef

I thought eBay changed their ruling on listing PURPLE HEARTS...I have a WWII KIA Named Purple Heart I'd like to list...cannot find anything that says I cannot list it.  In the past, I found information on not listing it, but today can find nothing.  Does anyone know?  Thanks for your time!

Thanks for the info.  I see their policy on Government Issued ID's, but it use to say Purple Heart, etc not allowed.  Now it says nothing.  But I won't take the chance.  Where's a good site that I could list it on?

I doubt they've changed their rule. You aren't allowed to list Valour medals like the Navy Cross, AF Cross, DSC, etc., either. Or even a ribbon rack with one of those or a PH if you actually list the medal name. 

All you need to do is get a content count of 30 on here and you could list it! I know a bunch of members are into PHs. :)

Thanks for your replies.  Had no clue I could list it here!  How do I do that? Not sure what you mean by "Content Count of 30".....

Oh, I guess because I haven't posted 30 content posts, I do not see any links to click on "BUY" or "SELL".

I just saw this rule: RULE 10.2(f) - Medal of Honor.....Is the Purple Heart considered a Medal of Honor (I would think of course, but maybe it's a different Medal?)?

Hi! Content Count is how many posts you've made. You have to have made 30 substantial posts (more than just "yes" or "That's good", etc.) to be allowed to post in the Sale boards. As soon as you hit the 30, though, you'll see the buttons for posting appear! 

Here is your content count:

image.png

And to answer . . . That means the "Congressional MEdal of Honor". That is a medal itself, not an award category. Purple Hearts are totally allowed to be listed on this forum! :)

MMcollector

Ebays policy has not changed.  In fact the new policy from 2019 makes it against policy to sell any U.S. military medal, ribbon bar, or anything related to the uniform that’s still being issued today. I have read the fine print and talked with several people from eBay policy department.  I argued how can these items be against policy when you literally have categories for listing US Medals.  Here is the policy on military items as sent to me directly by eBay because I called to argue with them that Bronze Stars are not for Gallantry and not against policy to list. 

A075C394-E1B7-4EA6-BD31-5C11D37A40C1.jpeg

DC4AF97C-F41E-4AE2-9BED-67BBE053B640.jpeg

huntssurplus

I see the "doesn't look like a current uniform or accessory" rule. Are they going to start hitting WW2 uniforms because the Army just adopted the new uniforms modeled after the WW2 Pinks and Greens? Maybe I shouldn't give eBay any ideas....

MMcollector
Just now, huntssurplus said:

I see the "doesn't look like a current uniform or accessory" rule. Are they going to start hitting WW2 uniforms because the Army just adopted the new uniforms modeled after the WW2 Pinks and Greens? Maybe I shouldn't give eBay any ideas....

that’s the zinger line to remove anything they want from vintage to new.  

Are they only picking on valour awards, though? I just tried some basic searches and tons of medals are listed.

I searched again, as well.  There are maybe 2 listings for full sized Purple Hearts and there are MANY past sales to slipped through the cracks.  I cannot stand eBay!!  They say no Nazi Swastika items, but you look and there are THOUSANDS.  I'm stuck on that site for now because there is no site that I'm aware of that can download my 1000+ listings in full and upload to their site. Thanks for your help! Here's what the Purple Heart looks like.  Sincerely, Stefanie

IMG_9629.jpg

IMG_9630.jpg

IMG_9631.jpg

IMG_9628.jpg

2 minutes ago, Siennastef said:

I searched again, as well.  There are maybe 2 listings for full sized Purple Hearts and there are MANY past sales to slipped through the cracks.  I cannot stand eBay!!  They say no Nazi Swastika items, but you look and there are THOUSANDS.  I'm stuck on that site for now because there is no site that I'm aware of that can download my 1000+ listings in full and upload to their site. Thanks for your help! Here's what the Purple Heart looks like.  Sincerely, Stefanie

IMG_9629.jpg

IMG_9630.jpg

IMG_9631.jpg

IMG_9628.jpg

With thanks to Dave, it appears to be a fake engraving out of Florida.

Trevor Arendall
1 hour ago, Siennastef said:

Thank you. UGHHHHHHHHHH. Thought I had something good here. Thanks for the education.

If you do not have a copy of Dave Schwind's book Sacrifice Remembered I would 100% recommend it. This book is a must have for those that plan to own a Posthumous Purple Heart from WW2!

That Purple Heart was actually ruined by the engraving, An unnamed medal is worth more than one with fake engraving.

Kurt