What a buck buys...

doyler

Was at the Local Rifle & Pistol Club show this weekend and had a table. Sunday morning I see a item on a table and ask the price. seller replied "one dollar". I didnt see it friday on set up and was there til 9 pm Friday night. Still fun items to be found for just a buck.

2021_02280010.JPG

Charlie Flick

Well, heck, Ron.  I would have risked breaking my arm getting my wallet out fast for that one.  It looks like one of the holsters made in Vietnam for private purchase by US servicemen.   

Given the mag pouch feature does it fit a M1911A1 .45 pistol?

Regards,

Charlie

Nice one Ron. Oh, I miss going to shows.  And I miss the random garage or estate sale I happen to stop at in passing.  Here is a nice bunch of stuff I picked up at an estate sale I hit just before things shut down.  The 1945 Volrath canteen, and the Navy soap box were a buck each (the canteen was half off!).  The big ticket item was the Navy flashlight...  a whopping 2 bucks.  

Good hunting everyone!  

Mikie

Garage sale items.jpg

I have never seen a holster like the one posted and now within a week another one is for sale in the FS section. Were these mass produced?

• 3 weeks later...
Charlie Flick

That's a great shot, Doyler.  Thanks for posting it.

Although the view of the handgun in the holster is obscured it appears to me to be a M1911A1 pistol, which would make the ammunition in the belt loops .45 ACP.   The airman is also carrying a Jet Pilot Survival Knife.

Regards,

Charlie

iron bender

For those interested... not cheap but a cool novelty item

US ARMY ARVN VIETNAM COLT 45 HOLSTER VIETNAMESE MADE AMMO COWBOY WESTERN BELT | eBay

• 1 month later...
agate hunter

Nice holster and photos, a few years ago I found a Viet made holster for a .38 for a dollar too at a gun show. Have found a number of viet made holsters locally over the years all for cheap as no one really knows what they are. 

2 hours ago, agate hunter said:

Nice holster and photos, a few years ago I found a Viet made holster for a .38 for a dollar too at a gun show. Have found a number of viet made holsters locally over the years all for cheap as no one really knows what they are. 

I've had the opposite experience - I've found three of the belts over the years but never a holster.  I did once find a belt and holster together but never a single holster on its own.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Saw this link on another post about the Vietnamese "Cowboy Holsters", so thought to post my example here. Got the holster a few weeks back for five bucks at a swapmeet. Took my 1966 T54 and as one can see, it is a perfect fit (as is the mag in the pouch as well). My pistol came with a ChiCom leather & suede lined holster plus belt. Was going to let the holster go, but now maybe I ought to keep it. Pistol displays blood rust which ran down the slide and around the front edge of the muzzle. Also there are a few bits of shrapnel near the lanyard loop and edge of the mag floorplate.

Chinese T54 and Cowboy Holster 1.JPG

Chinese T54 and Cowboy Holster 2.JPG

Chinese T54 Blood Rust.JPG

• 1 month later...