This Is So Cool!

SKIPH

Hey Gang! Found this on ebay a couple of days ago. It's a Collins #254 Bowie, made for New York Span-Am Vets, item #254879346369. Price starts at $1250. This really a cool commemorative, in fantastic condition. I've never seen one before. I need to find one of these, but not at that starting price. If someone could post the ad I'd appreciate it,  Tried, couldn't do it.  SKIP

Thanks aznation!  It sure is a beauty, I love those early Collins leather handled blades. But the scabbard is fantastic too. SKIP

31 minutes ago, SKIPH said:

Thanks aznation!  It sure is a beauty, I love those early Collins leather handled blades. But the scabbard is fantastic too. SKIP

You're welcome Skip.  Looks as close to mint as one could be.  It is a beaut for sure.  -- Matt

The craftsmanship borders on a "turn of the century" work of art.  Very appealing to me.  Will I drop that kind of money, probably not.  But, since I am now aware that they exist, I can keep my eyes open for another that may not be as pricey.  Just wanted everyone to see a nice piece of work. SKIP

Is that a commemorative piece? I know it can’t be an actual military issue item. I agree though the craftsmanship in those turn of the century Collins blades are hard to beat! I have as engineers machete with the green bone handle still with a trace of the label on the blade, stumbled across it years ago at a gunshot for cheap!

Thanks skiph, that’s what I thought. I can’t help but notice how similar the scabbard is too the scabbard on my Collins 1004 engineers bolo. Same build same style rolled impression.