Utility Pocket Knife Instructions

Brian Keith

I came across this in a long forgotten box. I’m sure this is from a 4 bladed utility knife I purchased at a gun show in the late 70’s early ‘80’s, note the date code at the bottom “2-77”. I saved the small plastic bag also. I actually don’t know if I still have the knife. I used to carry it or one like it all the time. Occasionally I’d break a spring and have to get another. The stain is probably from the factory oil. Now I carry a Swiss army knife.

Thanks for looking.

BKW

knife inst. 77 001.jpg

One of the knives I had in a Army Aircraft Survival Kit came with these same instructions.  The knife was wrapped up by this sheet in the survival kit.  Very fragile shape being wrapped around a knife for many years.   Never noticed a date on the sheet, Ill have to look.

Thanks for the comments folks. Sactroop, yes I believe you are correct, the date on the document indicates only as you say. The knife could have been dated 1985 for all I know now. I don't know who made it either, but I thought it was interesting. I do recall not wanting to pay any more than $5 for them back then. 

BKW

Brian I looked thru some old Camillus price lists to see what the going prices might be like.  For this knife I took listings for 1974, 1979, and 1992. The first price is dealer cost and the second suggested retail.

1974  $3.15/$5.25

1979  $5.70/$9.50

1992  $7.32/$18.50

12 hours ago, sactroop said:

Brian I looked thru some old Camillus price lists to see what the going prices might be like.  For this knife I took listings for 1974, 1979, and 1992. The first price is dealer cost and the second suggested retail.

1974  $3.15/$5.25

1979  $5.70/$9.50

1992  $7.32/$18.50

Interesting! Thanks for the additional info!

BKW

I still have one that is  new in the wrap, little plastic bag that I got in 1981 (I believe it’s dated 1980) when I reported to my unit. The supply sergeant gave it to me. I just saw it recently when I was digging through some stuff. No instructions.