Aussie Knuckle knife online auction

lovnik

Cast aluminum knuckleduster handle on a double edge blade.  General theater knife quality for the WW2 era.  Pattern often seen on some Australian and/or New Zealand knives.

Oh yes, included was an original sheath.

One of the Typical New Zealand like this one?..... this is why its important if starting a topic to post pictures as auctions are canceled or ended. 

image.png.b52e99b636d6fc02d258c7c75e3269f1.png

Yes it was one of those knives and sheaths.

If this thread doesn't prove the saying "pictures or it didn't happen", then I don't know what does.

On 2/24/2021 at 12:28 AM, mdonzi said:

I have one i might sell what do they sell for cant find any for sale,

just on GB and there crazy,

DSCN8385.JPG

This ^^^ is nearly identical -- knife and sheath -- to the one that wsa up @ Ebay. I have found the thumbmail image still "up" @ the Collector's Weekly site. I'll post it (note -- it is a small image) + relevant data (number of watcher/bidders and top bid) at the time the auction was "banned" @ Ebay. -L

On 2/23/2021 at 6:29 PM, doyler said:

One of the Typical New Zealand like this one?..... this is why its important if starting a topic to post pictures as auctions are canceled or ended. 

Yes, very similar:

KNIFE.JPG

Note: @ the time it was pulled, the auction was @ 32 bidders, 71 watchers, and the top bid was $355 w/ 16 hours still on the clock.

On 2/23/2021 at 6:29 PM, doyler said:

re: "this is why its important if starting a topic to post pictures as auctions are canceled or ended. "

> I'll make sure to get full pic(s) next time I happen on something like this @ ebay.

Note:

Another knuck auction -- looks like a 1918 w/ maybe a modified blade -- that was up @ Ebay for a bit before it, too, was pulled down.... before I could see the full auction. But the "thumb" along w/ some bidding info is staill up @ Collectors Weekly.

At 17 watchers and high bid of $47, I think this one was up only a short while before getting pulled. Thus I cannot know the number of bids or the amount of time that remained unitl the auction's conclusion.

Here's the thumb photo:

KNIFE.JPG.f15f60505b12f1f326a9cc8030b79c37.JPG

militariaone
On 2/26/2021 at 4:24 AM, lovnik said:

Note:

Another knuck auction -- looks like a 1918 w/ maybe a modified blade -- that was up @ Ebay for a bit before it, too, was pulled down.... before I could see the full auction. But the "thumb" along w/ some bidding info is staill up @ Collectors Weekly.

At 17 watchers and high bid of $47, I think this one was up only a short while before getting pulled. Thus I cannot know the number of bids or the amount of time that remained unitl the auction's conclusion.

Here's the thumb photo:

KNIFE.JPG.f15f60505b12f1f326a9cc8030b79c37.JPG

A reproduction, so no great loss there.

Best,

V/r Lance