Ammo Pouch for Commando/Victory?

BryanJ

I have a 1943 Craighead holster coming for my 1942 Colt Commando (apparently bogged down in mail somewhere due to snow storm).  Was there any sort of ammo pouch made specifically for a Commando or Victory?  If so, anyone want to post some photos?

The only pouch that I have seen was procured for the US Navy during WWII. It held a limited quantity of rounds (6) in loops and was Navy marked. Took me a while to find one to go with my Navy Victory and Navy shoulder holster. Cool piece though. Someone should make a replica.

Navy Pouch Flap.jpg

Navy Pouch Inside.jpg

That is cool, I haven’t seen one of those before, but the search is on.  Wonder if there was a similar pouch with a belt hanger?  Thanks for posting!

That pouch has the web belt hanger on it. The only markings I've seen are the interior ones, or some added names and serial numbers. No idea who made these. Very cool item though.

The first photo is the pouch in my collection, the second from a web search.

Navy Pouch Rear.jpg

s-l160038.jpg

Silver.  Thank you Sir, that is certainly on my search list!

Mine too. They don’t seem to come up often. Expect to pay handsomely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie Flick
22 hours ago, BryanJ said:

Was there any sort of ammo pouch made specifically for a Commando or Victory?  If so, anyone want to post some photos?

Bryan:

In addition to the pouch mentioned by Silverplate the more familiar First Aid Kit Pouch was used for the same purpose.  The  July 1945 Catalog of Navy Material published by the Bureau of Ordnance describes the S&W Victory Model revolver and identifies the Accessories for use with the revolver.  That list includes "Pouch, First Aid Packet (used with the revolver as an ammunition carrier.)"   It is interesting to note that the 6 round pouch shown above was not listed in this Catalog as an Accessory.

Hope that helps you.

Regards,

Charlie

Cool. Learn something new every day. Love to see an early war dated copy of the Ordnance catalog, to see if it mentions the Navy property-marked pouches.