World War II Fighting Knife With No Markings?

disruptors

Are the blade markings ground off? What is the total length of the knife? From the pommel picture it looks like it might be a Camillus blade marked screw top 1219c2 that was recalled, the markings ground, handle shortened, and a thin pinned pommel installed to replace the thick pommel. I have several and the total length of the knife is 11 5/8". Frank Trzaska wrote an excellent article on these knives in the September 2019 issue of KNIFE Magazine.

6A-1b=minee.jpg

6A-1c=minee.jpg

6A-1d=minee.jpg

Not the fabled UDT knife, which has a smooth grip, straight guard with markings on the guard or a shortened blade when the blade markings were ground off.  The shape of the grove makes me think of a "Pattern Knife" that is, a copy of the Ka-bar by unknown company.  It is also possible that the markings on the blade were ground off, which is not that uncommon.

The length of the knife is 11 1/2". Looking at it closely, it's possible the markings were grounded out. Any I idea as to a value on a knife like this?

nomarkings3.jpg

Not very much, I think I paid about $75.00 for mine. If it is the knife I think it is and was unaltered in excellent condition it would be worth a lot. I only know of 4 or 5. I remember one sold for $2550.00, I was third bidder. It is still a neat knife. I would get a copy of Frank's article, it is very interesting. Frank made some posts on this Forum about these knives.

The Camillus USMC Marked Lost 1219C2 - EDGED WEAPONS - U.S. Militaria Forum