SARVIP VEST, TYPE 1

Ethanm

I just got this SARVIP,  it's a size large. It has almost everything except the prc90, signal project/flares /life preserver/ signal mirror.  And of course the ceramic plate/carrier 

I want Mohawk to see this, hopefully. 

I REALLY need a size XL. So mohawk. Or ANYONE, If you have one or know anyone please comment or let me know 

20210220_155854.jpg

20210220_163926.jpg

20210220_155307.jpg

20210220_172224.jpg

Nice vest, take some pics of the content packets when you can.   The XL size vests are rare in my opinion, I dont even know if Ive ever seen one available.  Small, Medium and Large are the common ones around.  Cant say Ive seen an X small available either.   Saw 2 brand new in the box vests over the years, both were Small.  Those were totally packed minus the radio and LPU-10.   Does yours have a monkey tail (tether) attached to the chest snap link?  

This is the armor vest for them, they are rated to stop 50 cal. Its a very thick ceramic plate and have a thick foam layer on the back as well. The carrier itself also has a kevlar spall sleeve inside it.   Ive heard these referred to as circulation stoppers, as when worn they basically sag down and sit on the top of your thighs.    Another part to this era kit would be a US Army Cross Strap Life Raft Container with Vee Bottom raft that could be worn on the back or on your chest.

SARVIParmorA.jpg

SARVIParmorB.jpg

6 minutes ago, mohawkALSE said:

Nice vest, take some pics of the content packets when you can.   The XL size vests are rare in my opinion, I dont even know if Ive ever seen one available.  Small, Medium and Large are the common ones around.  Cant say Ive seen an X small available either.   Saw 2 brand new in the box vests over the years, both were Small.  Those were totally packed minus the radio and LPU-10.   Does yours have a monkey tail (tether) attached to the chest snap link?  

This is the armor vest for them, they are rated to stop 50 cal. Its a very thick ceramic plate and have a thick foam layer on the back as well. The carrier itself also has a kevlar spall sleeve inside it.   Ive heard these referred to as circulation stoppers, as when worn they basically sag down and sit on the top of your thighs.    Another part to this era kit would be a US Army Cross Strap Life Raft Container with Vee Bottom raft that could be worn on the back or on your chest.

I know about the ceramic plates, yeah, the heaviest ones stop 15.2x169mm depleted uranium, if I recall correctly 

So. I've found a size XL SARVIP,  it's in Germany and the guy wants 474 for it. Personally I might do it. They are that rare.  

It has the really long tether, but I don't know how to attach it correctly. Do you know how to?

3 hours ago, mohawkALSE said:

For that price,  is it fully packed?   Even for an uncommon size I wouldn't pay more than 75 for one empty. 

I might be a little desperate for one. 

18 hours ago, mohawkALSE said:

For that price,  is it fully packed?   Even for an uncommon size I wouldn't pay more than 75 for one empty. 

I negotiated him down, and I bought the vest.   I only need like the flare projector/flares.   , signaling mirror, I think.    

Also the lpu , life preserver,  do I HAVE to have them? 

On 2/21/2021 at 6:23 PM, Ethanm said:

I negotiated him down, and I bought the vest.   I only need like the flare projector/flares.   , signaling mirror, I think.    

Also the lpu , life preserver,  do I HAVE to have them? 

The LPU-10 were only really used on over water ops,  they didn't always wear them.   I think for SARVIPs they did a similar method for wearing the LPU-10 as they did with the OV-1 Survival Vests.  The harness of the LPU was usually cut off and just the left and right cells worn with the chest belt.   Made integrating the LPU with the vest easier.   The Army TM on survival kit Mx goes over the procedure on removing the harnesses from the LPU.

7 minutes ago, mohawkALSE said:

The LPU-10 were only really used on over water ops,  they didn't always wear them.   I think for SARVIPs they did a similar method for wearing the LPU-10 as they did with the OV-1 Survival Vests.  The harness of the LPU was usually cut off and just the left and right cells worn with the chest belt.   Made integrating the LPU with the vest easier.   The Army TM on survival kit Mx goes over the procedure on removing the harnesses from the LPU.

Mohawk, check my recent post about the individual airman kit, tell me what you think