Massachusetts Woman's Defense Corps WW II

mrgsmvm

100_5075.jpg.be9c38b0dae355822f276ecf671da83f.jpgToday for your viewing pleasure is a group from my Massachusetts Military collection---Enjoy.

Shown is a small Massachusetts Woman’s Defense Corps grouping. Top row far left and far right are MWDC Tabs worn on both lapels, center is the MWDC hat badge. Second are the typical ribbon bars worn: left to right; Meritorious Service, Service and pre-pearl harbor service. Below the ribbon bars: officers wore the small State pin/MASS below on right lower lapel with the DUI of the Woman’s Civil Defense School on the right. The vertical Red stripes are Service stripes each representing One Year service and were worn centered on the lower left sleeve. These were removed after a full three years of service was attained and the Service ribbon Bar was then worn. At the bottom are two small civilian lapel buttons and represent service within the MWDC. If anyone has questions please ask and I will try to answer them. I am in the process, and have been for some time, of researching the MWDC and next year start writing a reference journal on the subject.

This is a very nice and very rare grouping. I have never seen some of these items. I am looking forward to reading your reference material. This is not a well known group of women who served during the war.

...Kat

I am currently writing a reference journal titled: "Massachusetts State Guard WW II Unit Lineage", State recognition to Disbandment. I am hoping to have this completed by the Fall of 2021. I will take a short rest then start on the Massachusetts Woman’s Defense Corps (MWDC). I will post an additional MWDC group within the next hour or  tonight. What is your main collecting focus? I live in Middleborough, Massachusetts fairly close to Cape Cod area. I now need to get back outside to do more snow removal as we had a snow storm that started Thursday night and ended this morning. Only ended up with about 8 inches of snow but still have lots to shovel but I do have a snow thrower so that helps.

Sincerely

John

AKA: Captain Midnight

I am currently writing a reference journal titled: "Massachusetts State Guard WW II Unit Lineage", State recognition to Disbandment. I am hoping to have this completed by the Fall of 2021. I will take a short rest then start on the Massachusetts Woman’s Defense Corps (MWDC). I will post an additional MWDC group within the next hour or  tonight. What is your main collecting focus? I live in Middleborough, Massachusetts fairly close to Cape Cod area. I now need to get back outside to do more snow removal as we had a snow storm that started Thursday night and ended this morning. Only ended up with about 8 inches of snow but still have lots to shovel but I do have a snow thrower so that helps.

Sincerely

John

AKA: Captain Midnight

Okay Cutiger83, I will post another group now and will add content later as the snow awaits me. Enjoy and if you have questions ask here on the site or e-mail me and can find that in my profile. I do need to find a larger mount to place this group in as its to crammed in.100_5077.jpg.6037cff7d05b11485e1a807cc9e18fa1.jpg100_5077.jpg.6037cff7d05b11485e1a807cc9e18fa1.jpg

US Victory Museum