combat knife

pegase001

Dont recall seeing that maker before but this reminds me of the type of commercial survival  knives that flooded the market afte the Rambo movie. Various types could be mail ordered or bought at surplus stores, gun shows, and sporting goods stores. Even saw them at Kmart and Target. Could one have seen use in the military? Certainly. But with out a chain of custody we wont know for certain. Also the Recon DI looks to have little or no wear opposed to the wear on the scabbard and knife over all 

hello, yes, it's the mark is Indiana, no find too

the badge is stuck on the scabbard, if the badge is good , what is area ?

regards, hughes

18 hours ago, doyler said:

Dont recall seeing that maker before but this reminds me of the type of commercial survival  knives that flooded the market afte the Rambo movie. Various types could be mail ordered or bought at surplus stores, gun shows, and sporting goods stores. Even saw them at Kmart and Target. Could one have seen use in the military? Certainly. But with out a chain of custody we wont know for certain. Also the Recon DI looks to have little or no wear opposed to the wear on the scabbard and knife over all 

I completely agree with you, Ron.  The thing that intrigues me is the fact it has a number stenciled on the back which I've seen on military equipment before.

found this: "Indiana, or Jndiana was a sales company in Maniago that sold the knives of several makers, but did not manufacture knives. The knives they had made with their own logo were marked with the triangle and chiefs head."