Quick help needed if possible.......

Brian Dentino

Brian Dentino

All, I have a friend of the family that has these swords and bayonet that they are looking to get rid of and asked me to help them ID.  The pictures were taken by an older family member and are terrible to say the least and do not give anything specific away.  Anyway, hoping you may at least be able to point me in some direction and give further advice on what specific items need better close up pictrures of a1828268755_sword1.jpg.6fd521efee5cef7e7fffebe01ffc343e.jpgs this is WAY out of m y 2103462379_sword3.jpg.33cf28bdde6cb0a8e78f88de97070a9d.jpgwheelhouse fo r sure!  Thanks in advance!

sword 2.jpg

sword 4.jpg

bayonet.jpg

Brian Dentino

Weird that the pictures posted in the body like that!  Anyway, she just told me that the bayonet is stamped 1872.

I have asked them for better pictures if possible.  Again, not a real tech savvy grandpa taking the pictures and not sure they are going to get much better.

Matt, I also thought that one of them possibly looked like the 1860 cavalry saber but again, hard to tell with the cruddy pictures.

The  bayonet is a French Lebel item.  The two with a single knuckle bow are  a Japanese cavalry trooper of nco and and army or police parade saber respectively.  

That leaves the two with multiple branches to the guards.  Brighter and larger pictures, along with any and all markings may help.  Those two may, or may not  have ever been used in an American context.

Cheers

GC

Brian Dentino

Thank you guys for all the help.  I know the pictures leave a WHOLE LOT to be desired but were the best they gave me.  If I get more detailed shots of any/all of them I will be sure and post them here.  Is there any value at all in any of the items?  I have a Japanese police saber that I purchased with a USMC trunk grouping, but don't think that they are exceptionally sought after and probably pretty common.

Again thanks to all for the help provided.  You guys are what this forum such a treasure for collectors!