Sherman tank seat from a scrap yard!

Yancy Irwin

I picked this up yesterday in South Carolina....assistant driver seat from a Sherman tank....this guy I bought it from works at a scrapyard and said he found this in a trailer at the scrapyard, the owner of the yard said someone back in the day had scrapped what was left of a Sherman tank and he took a few things off it...he said seats and heavy duty tow chain from what he could remember...I have no idea if that part isn’t true or not but either way this guy bolted it to a wheel and was using in his workshop as a stool...

9B7B21F6-38B4-4009-A8F8-2A1974417DCE.png

200AAE7C-BF34-4DD7-A7EA-D9C26CB0C75F.png

Sadly that was it...he said he just saw the seat, no other parts...that was the second question I asked after “were did you find that!”

Persian Gulf Command

This reminded me of an old M.A.S.H. episode where Radar was sending home a complete Jeep one part at a time.

The seat is great as it is and a wonderful addition to an armored enthusiast's collection. 

Really cool find Yancy! Excellent save. 

But, it hurts a bit to think of that tank being scrapped. The seat was probably painted white originally I think.

I have some original WW II armored vehicle seat belts if you want to trick it out. PM me.

BKW