WW2 Unissued Schlueter Front Seam w Westinghouse Liner

Paddyd00

Hi Guys.  I like the battle worn lids as much as the next guy but something fun about seeing exactly what an M1 would have looked like when issued to a soldier so just posting up for reference.  The father of the seller bought this for $2.95.  I had a lightly used (if at all could just be age and storage) Westinghouse that a Gun Seller just gave me for free (we get lucky sometimes) and some Unissued parts I paired it with.  Now all I will need is an unissued leather liner strap... maybe I will get a loan for a $1,000,000 LOL.  Thanks for looking

Z

1.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_1430r.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

24 minutes ago, 644td said:

I to like a worn/used helmet but this a nice example of unissued or lightly used desk jock helmet. Nice lid

marty

Thanks Marty ... yes this was a "standalone" in the collection.  They are still to be had here in the US.  Prob a few laying around 'Bama somehwere

Z

craig johnson

Your welcome. My Dad collected since the 1950s. Was into Civil War stuff for a long time but it became expensive in the 70s early 80s so he sold it all off and concentrated on WW2 US Military stuff. He was a member of the Washington Arms Collectors (Puyallup Gun Show) and a few might have known him. Richard A Johnson or Dick Johnson which he didn't like but his close friends would say it anyways. I do know he picked this up himself so probably out of the crate and in his collection since the 80s. So if unnisued your the second owner. Although you could ad the US and the store owner but you know what I mean.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, craig johnson said:

Your welcome. My Dad collected since the 1950s. Was into Civil War stuff for a long time but it became expensive in the 70s early 80s so he sold it all off and concentrated on WW2 US Military stuff. He was a member of the Washington Arms Collectors (Puyallup Gun Show) and a few might have known him. Richard A Johnson or Dick Johnson which he didn't like but his close friends would say it anyways. I do know he picked this up himself so probably out of the crate and in his collection since the 80s. So if unnisued your the second owner. Although you could ad the US and the store owner but you know what I mean.

Should have known you were a member :). Did you keep some others of his. Must of had a nice collection. I saw the “truck” for sale. 

craig johnson

He Did have a lot of stuff. I will have to say he didn't focus on a few areas of interest. He just bought everything that's was green and affordable 1950s and below. It's not that I don't like the helmets. My focus is Hand Carts, and the stuff that goes with them. 1917A1 BMG, and also SCR-193/94 Radios. Just don't have the room and don't want to store it in hopes I will have room.

yeah those minty schlueters are nice. i kinda regret letting mine go, but it keeps the collectors drive alive in me, lol, and i figure ill run into one again someday

I ran into 13 one day in the early 2000's, but the $2.95 price was a thing of the past... they cost me the princely sum of $7.50/each. Identical to yours, except the chinstraps were OD #3 so they were slightly older than yours and they still had their factory cardboard wrappers. I still have 3, sold off the rest.

2 hours ago, earlymb said:

I ran into 13 one day in the early 2000's, but the $2.95 price was a thing of the past... they cost me the princely sum of $7.50/each. Identical to yours, except the chinstraps were OD #3 so they were slightly older than yours and they still had their factory cardboard wrappers. I still have 3, sold off the rest.

Very Very sweet dude.  In the Netherlands ? or I am assuming US

Z

• 1 month later...

I don't know as these were purchased at my request by the father of a contact I had. They had 13 shells and I bought them all, this happened in 2003.