Two services veteran good conduct ribbon precedence?

collectsmedals

collectsmedals

If a person served in the U.S. Army Air Corps and received an Army Good Conduct medal, then transitioned to U.S. Air Force and received an Air Force Good Conduct medal, which ribbon comes first on the ribbon rack? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

The Air Force.  It goes the same for any service award.  Whatever service you are presently in you wear that award ahead of the previous service.  This goes for GCMs, AMs, COMs

The Institute of Heraldry show the Army Good Conduct, ahead of the other services due to the Army being the senior service.  I don’t think what service you are in at the time affects the Order of Precedence.

collectsmedals

Thank you to both of you for your replies, I will have to do some more research and see what I can find. Both arguments make sense, current service over past service or senior service over junior service.

My question on The Institute of Heraldry precedence chart is do all Good Conduct Medals have equal precedence but there was no way to graphically show that? In that case order by current service makes sense. Or, does it go by seniority of service and that is what they are showing?

I will let you know if I find anything.

collectsmedals

I think I found the answer, at least as far as Air Force Regulations are concerned.

Air Force Instruction 36-2903 Dated 7 February 2020 and Incorporating Change 1, 10 February 2021; Chapter 10, Awards and Decorations, Section 10.3.2 states Air Force awards take precedence over equal awards from other Services.

Based on this the Air Force Good Conduct Medal would take precedence, at least by today's standards.