4th Infantry Cloth DUI colors on overseas hat

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

Has anyone else seen this done before ? 4th infantry DUI shoulder strap colors on a Korean War era 1950 infantry piped (light blue) overseas hat? I thought it interesting and odd. 

0E246FBA-5B1E-4FD6-8A04-5227A734E6E7.jpeg

B9B3D090-0198-451F-9054-3E495219B0B4.jpeg

Actually. a distinctive trimming, like the 14th Cavalry Group/14th Constabulary Regiment and 318th Cavalry wore. 

To answer your question, have not seen that done before, If compared to wear of actual metal/cloth DIs on overseas caps, is on the wrong side.

FWIW, the regiment inactivated 31 Jan 47 relieved from 25th ID same date.  Activated 1 Oct 48 Ft. Lewis WA, assigned to 71st ID 10 Oct 54.    

• 3 months later...

Late to the party, but I seen it like this done before, three times, the last time a Cap at Armies of the Past I seen when I went to his store near Trenton NJ years ago. he, Wayne, literally just bought it with a bunch of stuff as I was leaving, Got a lift back to the train station from another guy browsing three. Anyway, I IDed it as a 4th Inf Cap, a Khaki one as he never seen one like it.

And of course this topic on it in UNIFORMS.

Found another online, it started to done like this with its regimental ribbon on the garrison caps,  WWII, definitely done in the 50s, perhaps up till some battalions got the metal one? and or the beret starts to worn from now on???

s-l160p0.jpg

s-l1600.jpg