USMC Camo Helmet Cover Thoughts

Navybean

I picked this helmet cover up 25 plus years ago from Steve Jackson.   I have not really looked at it closely unit a few months ago.  This is a old cover but I am not 100% sure of it.  I does not appear to have pac-mans on it but not sure of the chain stitching on the tan side.  Just looking for thoughts either way. ac7.jpg.e61f5d91ea8eb8b028afde9502925c8b.jpgac8.jpg.25097264a2c4757d933641d696fe98de.jpgac2.jpg.a83b81f8013279a85f51ec2a12a7d14e.jpg 

ac1.jpg

ac3.jpg

ac4.jpg

ac5.jpg

ac6.jpg

ac9.jpg

well great to hear,   I was told cover was wrong by another collector and I always felt it was good based on the other examples I have but it is good to get other opinions.  

7 minutes ago, Navybean said:

well great to hear,   I was told cover was wrong by another collector and I always felt it was good based on the other examples I have but it is good to get other opinions.  

100% correct cover, the other guy did not know his USMC camouflage covers. 

correct saw tooth open stitching for beachside with closed stitch on the jungle side. 

That cover looks mint!

My serger does a three-thread and four-thread option along with other adjustments even on domestic machines but I have never compared the details. I suppose everything is faked nowadays.

I had never heard of the "Pacman" as a stitch. Does that refer to the saw-tooth side or the squiggly side? 

Dave

The “pac man” is hugely over-hyped, because it’s the first thing guys find in a Google search.  There are at least four variations of that shape, several of them correct, and one that is not.  

One is much better-served to look at the HBT weave, edge and center stitching, and color breaks in the pattern.

This is an original cover, and has one correct version of the above-mentioned shape.

40 minutes ago, dmar836 said:

That cover looks mint!

My serger does a three-thread and four-thread option along with other adjustments even on domestic machines but I have never compared the details. I suppose everything is faked nowadays.

I had never heard of the "Pacman" as a stitch. Does that refer to the saw-tooth side or the squiggly side? 

Dave

Hi Dave,  i meant the Pac-Man as part of the camo pattern not the stitching.  The stitching I believe is referred to as saw tooth.  

7 minutes ago, Blacksmith said:

The “pac man” is hugely over-hyped, because it’s the first thing guys find in a Google search.  There are at least four variations of that shape, several of them correct, and one that is not.  

One is much better-served to look at the HBT weave, edge and center stitching, and color breaks in the pattern.

This is an original cover, and has one correct version of the above-mentioned shape.

Yes what Blacksmith had to say.