Fake 29th M1 on eBay

Burning Hazard

Burning Hazard

Hello all,

Don't bid on this 29th helmet is it's a pure fabrication made by one and only Mr.Jingol aka Mr.Ciak from Italy.

Also, he shill bids on his own items hoping to lure a new collector into buying his fakes (note the private bidding).

He just never quits.....

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/M1-Helmet-WWII-29th-infantry-division-Normandy/114683050342?hash=item1ab3a47966:g:cLsAAOSw40tgIsEn

H1.jpg

yep, this one popped up in my fb group. current user name of this bottom feeder is Dott.hide. looking back in the past of the mr jingol account, that is one of his shill accounts as well that he used for reviews

Up to over $900. Could it be that in our "soft" culture people just think it is highly improbable that someone could have any mechanical, artistic, or any other ability that they themselves don't have?

I remember when a coworker began openly complaining about her "idiot" neighbor who actually had the insane idea to actually weld in his garage. Funny to hear her backpedal when I told her I had three different welders in mine.

I do think many can't imagine where they would start if they wanted to build or modify something and therefore can't conceive how anyone could figure out how to do this. They reason that they must undoubtedly be selling something authentic. "Because, I mean, who would even do that?"

That's all I can guess.

57 minutes ago, dmar836 said:

Up to over $900. Could it be that in our "soft" culture people just think it is highly improbable that someone could have any mechanical, artistic, or any other ability that they themselves don't have?

It's just the seller bidding on his own item. I believe most of those bids are coming from alternate accounts of the seller, hoping to find a sucker at the very end of the auction when the price is high. More often than not the helmet ends up back on eBay in a week or so because the "winner" is actually just the seller. I think I may have actually seen this helmet for sale by the same seller in the past

dhcoleterracina

This was posted a few days ago in the "real or what" section. Our newest forum member was able to escape the purchase luckily. 

2 hours ago, Nickman983 said:

It's just the seller bidding on his own item. I believe most of those bids are coming from alternate accounts of the seller, hoping to find a sucker at the very end of the auction when the price is high. More often than not the helmet ends up back on eBay in a week or so because the "winner" is actually just the seller. I think I may have actually seen this helmet for sale by the same seller in the past

undoubtedly. biggest tell is when you look at the bids, and they  are all buyers identity protected, with large bumps in short time spans. aside from already knowing this is a fraud account