Unusual North Russian grouping

Polski

Attached is scan of an unusual North Russian grouping.  Stan Bozich from Michigan's Own museum closely examined them and felt they were unquestionably genuine, but could provide no explanation for the  ANREF air service patch.  Aerial assets were provided by the British and he thought it may have been created for an American liaison group - if there was one.  As far as the other insignia he indicated that he had identical examples in the museum's collection or was otherwise familiar with them.  Included with the grouping were seven small snapshot photos - some of soldiers - some taken on a ship others in a wooded area.  One was an army band and one of a civilian in a cemetery.  I was able to backtrack their ownership to some extent.  The items were walk in items offered to a Mesa, AZ militaria dealer, supposedly by a relative who inherited them.  Some duplicate patches and badges that had originally been in grouping had already been separated from the original group and sold off before I acquired what remained.  The name "'Calvin Hendricks" was somehow associated with the grouping - apparently it was on a business card or photograph that is no longer in the grouping.  Anyone have any information?  

north russian 001.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

I've seen the metal version of the patch in an asmic mag years ago, very good article. Looks legit

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Had a great uncle in N Russia. Saw his bring backs as a kid, amazing. Sadly his only son turned out be a drunk and “ disposed” of all of it, even his 1911,)~:   

• 2 months later...

I have a helmet from ww2 that has a Naval personal stripe and yellow spot on it, but it also has this bear logo on it. Ant ideas?

manayunkman
11 minutes ago, Cote_1918 said:

I have a helmet from ww2 that has a Naval personal stripe and yellow spot on it, but it also has this bear logo on it. Ant ideas?

Post a picture in the helmet section.

Your helmet sounds very intriguing.

Cote_1918
On 4/30/2021 at 10:20 AM, manayunkman said:

I believe I have look through my posts. It should be the only helmet.

Cote_1918
On 4/30/2021 at 10:20 AM, manayunkman said:

I posted it on the helmets page

• 1 month later...
Croix de Guerre

You need to check with Jeff Schrader of Advanced Guard Militaria or Hayes Otoupalik.  Both men are advanced North Russia and Siberia collectors.