Japanese flag signed by members of 63rd Infantry Regiment, 6th Infantry Division

439th Signal Battalion

439th Signal Battalion

This quite literally and unexpectedly fell in my lap today.  A friend of mine called and said that this was his Uncle's who served in the unit and he wanted to pass it along to me.  I don't know the company or battalion, but as you can see, it is from the 63rd Infantry, 6th Infantry Division.  It covers their entire PTO service.  

thumbnail_IMG_3928.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3929.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3930.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3931.jpg

In my opinion, it looks to be a tribute / reunion flag, versus something done in theater as a bring-back - still a neat flag though.

Rationale being that most all of the names are in the same cursive handwriting, with “y”s and “g”s having the same hook, same pen, etc.

Great Flag.......I always look at the names and hometowns thinking there are almost never towns from deep southern Georgia.  And there is my hometown....Valdosta, Ga right in the middle.

Really neat to see that.

439th Signal Battalion
10 minutes ago, GatorDoc said:

Great Flag.......I always look at the names and hometowns thinking there are almost never towns from deep southern Georgia.  And there is my hometown....Valdosta, Ga right in the middle.

Really neat to see that.

Awesome!  Thanks for pointing that out.