ww2 Field gear question

gunner

so i now have enough pieces of field gear to put together my grouping. i looked around the web and forum but am not to sure if there is a right or wrong way to attach everything...

does anyone have photos of GI's with there gear displayed?

or any pictures of your web gear groupings?

or any web links or instruction guides to setting it up?

i have the pistol belt, 45 holster, first aid kit, entrenching tool, canteen, knife, suspenders, musette bag, and 45 clip pouch.

i know the general placement of everything but id rather set it up like it was taken off the soldier right after combat. like they would of worn it.

thanks!

so i now have enough pieces of field gear to put together my grouping. i looked around the web and forum but am not to sure if there is a right or wrong way to attach everything...

does anyone have photos of GI's with there gear displayed?

or any pictures of your web gear groupings?

or any web links or instruction guides to setting it up?

i have the pistol belt, 45 holster, first aid kit, entrenching tool, canteen, knife, suspenders, musette bag, and 45 clip pouch.

i know the general placement of everything but id rather set it up like it was taken off the soldier right after combat. like they would of worn it.

thanks!

Hey Gunner,

Really no right or wrong way to set it up.There is a little variation as I tend to think most soldiers set their gear up to be comfortable or accesable.Normally the holster on the right side,first aid kit either before the holster by the buckle or on the left side(I usually see it on the right though and thats how I set mine up).Normally there is a mag pouch for the pistol on the left side or a carbine mag pouch.Canteen behinde the holster on the hip or on the left side.Shovel somewhere in between or hanging off the mussette bag or 1928 pack.

As for pictures there is a lot of good pics being posted off the Life site from members.I would check out the link and see what you can find.

RON

thanks Ron will do! ill post pics in the latest finds section when im done since half the stuff just came in the mail my birthday treat to myself!! w00t.gif

Try telling your First Sergeant there is no right or wrong way to do things. There is always a right or by the book way of doing things, now this is not to say that you will not find people doing things wrong but just because someone did it it is not right. The Army spends a lot of time and money figuring out the way things work best. There are sometimes options like the gas mask can be worn under the arm or on the thigh, both are by the book. In most cases wearing things other than the prescribed way would be stupid, example; you think it would be really "cool" to put your First Aide pouch on your back pack then you are wounded, you use the packet of the wounded man on the wounded man, so you are laying there bleeding while someone has to look for your pouch. You would not put you gas mask or ammunition in the back where you can't reach them or carry you canteen or entrenching tool in the front. Some thing are pretty much at the discretion of the wearer like a knife but most of how things are worn is just common sense. The Army is full of guys that think they are smarter than the equipment designers but when push comes to shove they usually find out they are not. Set up you equipment the right way not the way it looks cool or the way you saw it in a movie.

craig_pickrall

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=13235

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=1586

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...p?showforum=163

Go to the first link to find set up info on the Musette Bag, go to the 2nd link to find more info on the Musette Bag and go to the 3rd link to find info on other pack systems.