Japanese buyers

The last 3 months I have had two buyers from Japan place large orders.  They pay with PayPal and I have had no problems, yet. I do not ship overseas but they provide a USA shipping address.  Anyone experiencing the same?  Have they always been big buyers and have just now found me?  Anything I should be suspicious of?  Thanks.

I think the Japanese/ Asian market has always been fairly strong. Are they buying clothing? Flight Jackets were a trend there for several years. Have been trends for USN uniform jumpers a while back. Fatigues and deck jackets seem to be in demand. I run into more vintage buyers at local shows now more than ever but seems they tend to be very secretive of what or who they are buying for. 

A friend of mine sells at a swap meet in Long Beach and many of his best customers for militaria are from Japan. They seem to have no issues paying top dollar for some items. My friend assumes the items are shipped back to Japan for resale because they buy just about everything he puts out. Right now is a buyers market so I am not surprised about the up tic in buying.

Thanks men.  Ron, they buy everything.  WW2 Coast Guard overcoat to Vietnam War overcoat which are heavy items and expensive to ship, thus hard to sell to Americans.  Other uniform items and headgear that are hard to sell here (gloves, scarves, veteran ball caps and long johns).  Souvenir pillow slips that no one wants.  Lots of patches and insignia.  Duffel bags and Sea bags.  I am appreciative of their buying and am probably being paranoid about selling things no one else wants!  keith

vintageproductions

Military buying has came back strong again for the Japanese buyers not just for the fashion type buyers but for all militaria.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.