Unknown helmet chinstraps , who can help ?

Paul Reijnders

Paul Reijnders

I found in a local surplus store a bunch of these helmet chinstraps, who can help to identify ... THANKS

Regards, Paul

20210208_201351.jpg

20210208_201400.jpg

20210208_201431.jpg

20210208_201413.jpg

General Apathy

Hi Paul,  

sorry I can't help you on Nationality, I have never seen straps with this particular style of quick attach clips at either end before.  What did amaze me if I am seeing correctly is the difference in weave between the short and the long side of the straps. The short side has an American appearance to the weave,  whereas the long side I don't recognise the weave at all.

Look forward to seeing what nationality they are, also time period.

regards lewis.

Paul Reijnders
On 2/10/2021 at 9:21 PM, General Apathy said:

Hi Paul,  

sorry I can't help you on Nationality, I have never seen straps with this particular style of quick attach clips at either end before.  What did amaze me if I am seeing correctly is the difference in weave between the short and the long side of the straps. The short side has an American appearance to the weave,  whereas the long side I don't recognise the weave at all.

Look forward to seeing what nationality they are, also time period.

regards lewis.

Hello Lewis,

Thanks for your reaction. It's indeed strange ... the difference in weave between the short and the long side of the strap.

All came out of one crate/box/packing.  

Regards, Paul

Paul Reijnders
5 hours ago, CavalryCombatant said:

If you don’t mind me asking what is the surplus store asking?  Best guess on era is mid 1980’s.

Hello CavalryCombatant,

I don't mind asking me what this surplus store is asking for these straps .... it depends on how many I buy

3 , 4 , 5 euro each if I buy a bunch.  I can't use them , so if someone can .......

Regards, Paul