M1 CARBINE "RARE" SIGHT

EddieM

23 hours ago, Brian Keith said:

Hello Eddie,

With it having come from your grandfather, that does change things a bit. Other than confirming that the barrel length is legal where you live, I would probably leave it like Grandpa had it. There really are a lot of US M1 carbines out there, but probably only this one was your Grandfathers. That is assuming on my part that it is something he possibly carried and used, as opposed to something he may have taken away from some miscreant years ago and it really didn't mean anything to your grandfather. This gun does have a history!

Have a great day!
BKW

Reminds me of a story I heard about a long ago local sheriff. The rumor was that if he was called out to a domestic dispute, usually, the conflict was settled down, and nobody went to jail. But, he felt the need to make sure no firearms were on the property in case the conflict resumed. Strangely, the guns never got inventoried or placed in an evidence room. But if you went to a gunshop just across the state line to Ohio, you could buy your guns back.  

Hello Brian,

I will try to get spear parts as replace just in case if they fail 😉

Regards

Eddie

23 hours ago, ludwigh1980 said:

I like the look of it, what we call a brush gun. What’s been done is done. I’d leave it as it is. Bet is has taken down many deer. Funny, I have seen examples like this with its patina and character bring more than a correct M1 at local ranch estate auctions. 

Hello Ludwigh

Thanks for your post. Not sure if were many deers but for sure coyotes and mountain lions because he was a rancher and used to rised cows and horses.

What does "patina" means?

Regards

Eddie

On 2/21/2021 at 6:29 AM, EddieM said:

Howdy Viking

Thanks I will try to get the Rock Ola parts to bring it as original as possible.

Do you have M1s?

Regards

Eddie

Yes, I have an early M-1 carbine by Inland in an I cut high wood stock similar to yours, and also an M-1 Garand National Match, documented as sold by the DCM in 1969. I've been fooling around with them since th 1980s

On 2/22/2021 at 7:56 AM, EddieM said:

Nice IBM Scott

Wich year is from?

Is all made with IBMs parts?

Regards

Eddie  =) 

Thanks! Jan/Feb 44 with a 1944 dated Underwood barrel. Mostly IBM parts to include the stock and handguard.

On 2/15/2021 at 5:10 PM, Scottz63 said:

How is that added on leaf sight attached? Welded, screwed, epoxied?

Hello Scott,

The sight was screwed.

I cudnt find any marks in the base and in the back side of the sight, my gunsmith said that its a good Buba work, take a look at the crown.

Regards 

Eddie

MID SIGHT BASE.jpg

MID SIGHT BACK.jpg

BARREL RAYADO.jpg

5 hours ago, viking4zero said:

Yes, I have an early M-1 carbine by Inland in an I cut high wood stock similar to yours, and also an M-1 Garand National Match, documented as sold by the DCM in 1969. I've been fooling around with them since th 1980s

Nice Viking 🙂

5 hours ago, Scottz63 said:

Thanks! Jan/Feb 44 with a 1944 dated Underwood barrel. Mostly IBM parts to include the stock and handguard.

Nice Scott 😉